Anatomical Neuropathic Intramuscular Stimulation 2 (AN-IMS 2)
AN-IMS 2 is an intensive 1 day course designed for practitioners who have previously completed IMS/dry needling courses and want to expand their clinical and theoretical applications of dry needling as a treatment modality. It is also for practitioners who have taken previous AN-IMS courses and wish to review and advance their understanding and application of IMS as a therapeutic clinical intervention. AN-IMS 2 introduces participants to the neuropathic clinical reasoning framework and provides laboratory integration of this framework to the application of dry needling.
If you have not previously taken an IMS course, check out AN-IMS 1.
Course Registration – 795$
Early Registration – 675$ (60 days in advance)
This fee includes:
- Pre study assignment
- Course Manual
- All supplies used in the duration of the course
- Tea, coffee, snacks throughout the duration of the course*
*AN-IMS 2 is an intensive 1-day course with minimal breaks in order to maximize laboratory time. Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided. Bring any additional food or beverages you require to sustain your participation in the course. Due to group size individual dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated so plan accordingly if this applies to you.
- Current licensed practicing physical therapist or medical doctor. Proof of license, registration and insurance will be required on the first day of the course
- Minimum of 6 months of licensed clinical practice as a registered physical therapist or medical doctor
- Proof of previous completion of a dry needling/IMS course
- Completion of pre-study materials and assignments to be handed in at the start of the course
- Full participation throughout the duration of the course is required by course participants in the laboratory and practical sessions. It is important that all participants experience the treatment modality in the educational setting.
- Pregnancy is a contraindication to AN-IMS. Therefore, pregnant women may not participate in this course due to the risks associated with dry needling and pregnancy.
AN-IMS 2 is an intensive 1 day course designed for practitioners who have previously completed IMS/dry needling courses and want to expand their clinical and theoretical applications of dry needling as a treatment modality. It is also for practitioners who have taken previous AN-IMS courses and wish to review and advance their understanding and application of IMS as a therapeutic clinical intervention. AN-IMS 2 introduces participants to the neuropathic clinical reasoning framework and provides laboratory integration of this framework to the application of dry needling. In this course participants will investigate the anatomical and physiologic mechanisms of neuropathic theory as they apply to the clinical application of dry needling. AN-IMS 2 is taught by highly experienced clinician-educators with extensive backgrounds in anatomy, physiology, and post graduate education.
10 hours Home study module
10 hours on site
20 total hours
During this course you will learn
- Theoretical framework of the physiologic mechanisms underlying the application of dry needling. These will include but are not limited to the neurophysiology of neuropathic pain
- Clinical reasoning framework for the application of dry needling as a treatment modality
- Review relevant anatomical structures and regional precautions for all areas to be needled
- Extensive, supervised hands on training and application of dry needling to the spine and extremities
- Review of clean needle technique, precautions, contraindications, and emergency management protocols
- Supporting literature for the application of dry needling in treating neuropathic myofascial pain and dysfunction
Following this course you will
- understand the theoretical framework surrounding the application of dry needling
- through clinical reasoning understand appropriate patient selection for the application of dry needling
- understand all of the anticipated outcomes, contraindications/precautions
- be able to evaluate efficacy of your treatment
- immediately begin integrating the neuropathic theoretical framework while safely treating your clients in clinic with AN-IMS the next day following successful completion of the course
AN-IMS 2 includes a combination of pre-study material, lecture and laboratory based learning throughout the duration of the course. All class participants will be required to participate in all laboratory sessions as both a practitioner and patient. At FHE we believe it is vital to experience the treatment modality as a patient to better understand its application to your clients in clinic.
- Upon successful registration you have secured a spot in AN-IMS 2
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the published course start date will receive a full refund minus a $150 CAD administration fee.
- Foundations Health Education (FHE) will not be able to provide a refund of course fees if cancellation occurs within 30 days of the course start date.
- Withdrawal from the course once it has started is not subject to any refund of course fees
- Continuation of the course depends on a minimum number of participants and FHE reserves the right to reschedule a course in the case of insufficient registration
- In the event of insufficient registration FHE will hold or transfer your registration to another course, or provide a full refund of course fees at that time
- FHE reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. If this occurs a full refund of your course fees will be provided. FHE is not responsible for any charges expenses incurred by the course participant outside of the course registration fee.
For accreditation a participant will be required to
- Hand in completed home study module at the start of the course
- Participate fully in all modules of the AN-IMS 2 curriculum
- Following completion of this you will be issued a certificate of completion from FHE